Tuesday, November 26, 2013

POSTERS OF 2012

REVEREND HORTON HEAT
Interesting facts about this poster and how it made me so happy I cried.... 
At first, the record label refused to let us use the poster for promotional material. They only allowed their in-house artists to make promotional materials, which is understandable. But the only poster that was sent to the bar was one for the Brains and one for The Real McKenzies. And (obviously) this one was far superior!! So I got some really nice copies made, and had the promoter speak to the Rev and ask if I could sell them at the door and give the band 50% of proceeds. He said I could keep all the money, as long as the band each got a copy for themselves. I sold a shit load of posters, got to keep all the money, and at the end of the night, I hung out with the band a little and they just gave me so many compliments on my work. Jimbo held my hand and, in his southern drawl, said "You've got a real talent there, darlin'" and then my heart exploded. The Rev was the same way, told me he loved my work and thanked me for the poster! HEART THROB - I love those guys. Then, a well known pal in the Hamilton music scene sent me a message and asked to buy the original and I told him I had a sentimental attachment to it, and he offered to buy it at a price I cannot mention but basically, yeah... it's sold. I miss it. It's on a nice thick watercolour paper, the colours and details are vibrant. *sigh* (Another cool fact, the guy who bought it was offered an extra $200 for it but he said no. This happened in front of me, so I know it's fact!) 

Reverend Horton Heat w/The Real McKenzies & The Brains
May 2/12 - This Ain't Hollywood
Watercolour/Ink on Paper

_______________________________


NEW HANDS
New Hands w/Viva Mars and Nevermind Neverland
May 24/12 - This Ain't Hollywood
Ink on Paper
__________________________________



BLUE COUPE
Blue Coupe w/Downboy and Illusion Avenue
August 11/12
Watercolour/Ink on Paper
Blue Coupe @ This Ain't Hollywood (Godzilla)  (Be sure to watch it through to the Dennis Dunnaway base monster attack at about 3:35) 

_____________________________

BLOODSHOT BILL
Bloodshot Bill w/Katie Bulley & Jon Cohen
September 7/12 - This Ain't Hollywood
Digital media
youtube.com (Bloodshot Bill - LIVE) 
youtube.com (Katie Bulley - Anchor me down) 

___________________________


GLEN MATLOCK
Glen Matlock w/Ringo Deathstarr & Kestrels 
October 14/12 - This Ain't Hollywood

__________________________


LUMBER JUNK
Lumber Junk 
September 21/12 - Stonewalls 
__________________________

WALTER LURE/ANDY SHERNOFF
Walter Lure, Andy Shernoff, Gord Lewis, Cleve Anderson, Steev Saint, Spoiled Rotten & Beard!!! 
October 20/12 - This Ain't Hollywood
_________________________

FEAR CAB
Fear Cab (Cabaret show) 
October 26 & 27/12 - The Lyric Theatre

_________________________

ZOMBIE WALK AFTER PARTY
Hamilton Zombie Walk After Party
October 27/12 
The Poisoned Aeros, Jumple and Kryptcreeper

_____________________

THE NORTH LAKES
The North Lakes w/Guillotine & Molly Babin
November 7/12 - This Ain't Hollywood
_________________________

LYDIA LUNCH
Lydia Lunch w/Bob Bert, Algis Kizys, Weasel Walter and Rackula
November 13/12 - This Ain't Hollywood
__________________________

BLUE COUPE/ HMA AFTER PARTY
_______________________

The REZILLOS 
The Rezillos w/The Fuckholes, Wiggler & the Tiny Humans
November 23/12 - This Ain't Hollywood
________________________

LORI YATES & THE NASHVILLE REJECTS
Lori Yates & The Nashville Rejects plus many more!!! 
December 21/12 - This Ain't Hollywood

______________________

SONIC UNYON CHRISTMAS PARTY
Sonic Unyon Christmas Party w/ Terra Lightfood, Newhands, Kestrels, Cardboard Nationals
cardboardnationals.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment