Saturday, June 7, 2014

"Getting To Work"

EAGLE 
Ink on Paper
2014

I like the expression "Getting to work" because it means hunkering down and making progress with a particular goal in mind. But you can also look at it to mean you are receiving an opportunity. "I'm getting to perform live" or "I'm getting to meet my idol" ... I'm getting to work on this cool poster. Honestly, the next two days are going to be spent working outside of the home, so I won't be getting to work until Monday. But that's okay! Mondays seem to be a good day for drawing. And I recently transformed my studio into a space that is a lot more functional and organized. So!! By Tuesday June 17, I should be posting the finished piece. This is me, setting goals. Sometimes working at home is really tough. Being my own boss is not as easy as I thought. I guess this is what my teachers meant about applying myself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment